March is for Celebrating Women
First of all, can you believe it’s March already?
I’m super excited about International Women’s Day, because the whole world joins me in celebrating women. Sure, we do it on other days of the year but I feel boosted by the combined energy and effort throughout March.
There’s some awesome things going on in aid of International Women’s Day/Month, right?
I put out a call on social media and requested information about events happening in and near Birmingham throughout March. Thank you to everybody who sent in event details for me to share here.
Disclaimer: I don’t know the organisers or the content of these events, but I’m including them all here for you to browse and select the ones that you feel connected to.
Click any of the following for more information and booking details.
Week Commencing 4th March
- West Midlands Women’s Voice presents ‘In Conversation with Dr Helen Pankhurst’ and other interesting events, on International Women’s Day – 6th March
- International Women’s Day Networking – 6th March
- #WomenEd Birmingham #LeadMeet – 6th March
- Sexism in Social Media discussion – 6th March
- Woke Women – 6th March
- Unltd Women: International Women’s Day – 7th March
- STEM Spring Social – Inspirational Women – 7th March
- International Women’s Day 2019 Conference – Welcome to “THE QUEENS DEN” #BalanceforBetter – 8th March
- Women in Tech Meetup – International Women’s Day Drinks – 8th March
- Reclaim The Night Birmingham – 8th March
- Amazing women and where to find them – 8th March
- IWD at Word360 | Women challenging adversity – 8th March
- Women Together International Women’s Day Celebration – 9th March
- International Women’s Day Derby Festival – 9th March
- Soul Sisters – 9th March
- COBO Queens Of Comedy: International Women’s Day Special – 10th March
- Women Who Dared To Dream in Birmingham – 10th March
Week Commencing 11th March
- HELLO, GIRLS! Networking Event For Women – 13th March
- Balance – Free Workshops Inspired by International Women’s Day Theme by Fircroft College – 14th March
- Women Empowering Women, International Women’s Day Seminar – 14th March
- #WOW – Women of Worth – 14th March
Week Commencing 18th March
- Celebration Lunch – International Women’s Day – 19th March
- International Women’s Day Tour – 23rd March
- THRIVE – 24th March
Week Commencing 25th March
- Sisters Need Space – 29th March
- Asian Woman Festival 2019 – 30th March
- International Women’s Afternoon Tea – 30th March
- MOTHER’S DAY CELEBRATION – 30th March
- Women: A Success Story Screening with Q&A – 30th March
I plan to update this list throughout March, so please feel free to add your event in the comments below.