Can you find 5 things to be grateful for?
I’ve been having personal accountability chats with a good friend and we’ve decided to highlight the good things in our lives.
And in all honesty, I know I really don’t have to think too deep to know what they are.
5 Things I am Grateful For
Let’s start here:
- My desire to heal. Sometimes I’ve felt like maybe I’ll just be damaged forever. Maybe there’ll be no fixing this, whatever ‘this’ is. Despite this, I’m proactive around my mental health. I’ll seek counselling. I’ll practice mindfulness. I’ll be selective about what I consume online. I’ll create distance between me and toxic people. But last year I did something I hadn’t for a while, and I spoke to my doctor.
- People who love me for me. It goes without saying really; I’m incredibly blessed. Even when I’ve felt alone and isolated myself, there have still been people who reached out and supported me. When my energy was shitty and I was low, I’ve had acquaintances become friends, people who have been interested in just listening to me. I’ve been encouraged to visit my doctor, offered support and understood, and that has been amazing. I am not the best at talking about how I feel when I feel it, but at least I know now who I can talk to when the time comes.
- My boyfriend. Because he is everything I didn’t know I deserved, and more. He is my biggest fan, encourager and support. He has a pure heart and I love that I can be myself around him. Listen, a healthy relationship is beautiful and it’s still amazing nearly two years in. Maybe one day I’ll write about it…
- My landlord. My final year of study was a bit stressful, not because of the assignments, but because of money issues. Eventually it was sorted out and backdated, but it required a lot of patience and understanding from my landlord. I’ve been in my house nearly five years now and I’m so grateful I’ve never had any problems with it.
- My children. They give me a greater purpose than I could have imagined. They are gorgeous little souls who are fast becoming strong, creative and fabulous members of society. I love learning more about them every day, witnessing their growth and marvelling at their comments. I made them and they are mine. Saved the best until last.
What 5 things are you grateful for?